Monday, February 12, 2018

New opportunities in Mexico

"Behold I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." 
-Isaiah 43:19


January was a busy month of new experiences. At the beginning of the month I moved to Mexico and stayed for 3 weeks with a Mexican family. They were very warm and welcoming, they are new friends and have helped me get my feet on the ground here in Mexico. It was fun to spend time with them. We had fun comparing names for different things in Mexico Spanish and Venezuela Spanish and trying LOTS of new foods. Mexicans love spicy food!  

Also this month I started teaching free English classes. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have 3 classes of kids and Saturday mornings I have a class of youth and adults. My Thursday afternoon higher level class had 19 in it last week!! This new teacher is being kept on her toes!! A few families from English class have started coming to church on Sundays. Praise the Lord! 

We have had a busy weekend! Friday we started back up with a women's craft and cooking class that will meet opposite weeks from a women's bible study. It was fun meeting several of the ladies from the community and a few of the moms of the kids in my English classes. On Saturday we had normal English classes followed by the first kid's club in the park! Several of the kids that came are from my English classes. It is fun to see them and to build relationships with them. They all call me "teacher". Then Saturday evening the couples at church had a romantic dinner with a talk about biblical marriage. I babysat one of the kids so his parents could attend. We had fun playing xbox together. Sunday I sang in the praise band and attended church, we are studying Acts. After church we had lunch with a few of the families from church. It was a good afternoon spent together. 

This month I am looking forward to building these relationships and continuing to grow as a teacher both of English and the bible. God is good and I can already see several of His blessings here in Mexico. Thank you for your prayers. 

Prayers and Praises: 
  • Praise that the transition was smooth
  • Praise that all the classes and clubs are off to a good start 
  • Praise for the people we are reaching and relationship building
  • Pray for the ministry 
  • Pray for the souls of the people we are in contact with 
  • Pray for team building
  • Pray for Mexico and Venezuela
  • Pray for wisdom and open doors in the Venezuelan visa process  
God is good!! 

Blessings, 
Alicia 
awhitmore@fim.org

Fellowship International Mission (FIM) 
555 S 24th Street
Allentown, PA 18104 






1 comment: