Sunday, January 7, 2018

New beginnings in the New Year

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." 
Joshua 1:9

Happy New Year! 
It was such a blessing to be back in Iowa and get the opportunity to celebrate with family and friends. Many special memories were made, such as the afternoon I got to visit my nephew's kindergarten class and make a gingerbread house. 

With the new year comes lots of new things. The main one being the new adventure of going to Mexico on January 9th. I will be spending three months with Brian and Susan Nevin in Mexico City (fellow FIM missionaries). In this time I will be teaching English classes and a kids bible club, as well as many other things that God will show in their time. I am looking forward to this time and what God has in store for me and the people of Mexico. Just as God commanded the Israelites when they were heading into the Promised Land, I hear Him reminding me of the same promise, He is with me wherever I go. And I will go where He commands me and trust fully in Him. 

I will post pictures and a more in depth update once I get to Mexico and settle in. 

Here are some prayer requests: 
  • Praise for a special Holiday season
  • Pray for a safe trip to Mexico and smooth transition
  • Pray for unity with new co-workers
  • Pray for the people in Mexico City that Salvation will come to them
  • Pray for Venezuela and that God will open doors for me to return to ministry there soon. 
Thank you all so very much for all your love and support!! It means so much to me. 

Blessings,
Alicia 
awhitmore@fim.org 

FIM 
555 S 24th Street
Allentown, PA 18104

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best Alicia as you to to Mexico. Prayers for you and I am sure God will use you in a very special way! God Bless!
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best Alicia as you to to Mexico. Prayers for you and I am sure God will use you in a very special way! God Bless!
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, Alicia.i think I have downloaded Google. man, it can be a chore. I wanted to encourage you to keep on following the plan of God. who knows why or because of this change in your life. but you are still in His service, and he will show you new things. He will increase your harvest in this time. so continue on, keeping the faith and your joy!! talk soon. roger

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete