Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Justified by faith alone

"Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified."
Galatians 2:16

This month at church we have been working on memorizing this verse. It is also the central message of the Gospel, we are saved by faith and nothing we do. Amen! 

Kids' club is going well. We are still working through the book of Mark. This last week we learned that Christ saved us on the cross and all we have to do is put our faith in Him. "I am the resurrection and the life." -John 11:25 These clubs have been so much fun, I love teaching the kids bible stories, doing crafts and playing games with them. 


 English classes are another high light of my weeks. This last week we learned easter vocabulary and the story of the true meaning of easter. It was also fun to compare traditions form the two countries. I will miss these students a lot when my time here is done and I know they will miss me (because they ask me everyday not to leave). Most importantly it is my prayer that these kids and adults will keep coming to the church lead activities and would allow the seeds that are being planted to grow and bear fruit. 


Between weeks full of ministry we have found a few days to get away and have fun. One weekend we spent the night at the home of fellow FIM missionaries in Puebla. It was a great 24 hour trip seeing them and being encouraged sharing ministry stories. A few weeks later a family from church took me to a fair in a small town not too far from here, we rode rides, ate yummy food, watched traditional dances and watched them send lanterns into the night sky. It was a beautiful night. 
To kick off Holy Week we (Nevin family and I) spent the day at the pyramids only 20 mins away from us. Several of us climbed the Sun pyramid and then we all toured the museum, ate ice cream and had a great day in the sun learning more about the past.  

Thank you all so much for praying and supporting me this last month. 
In April I will be finishing up my time here and heading back to the States. We have lots of fun things planned to finish well. Please pray for this transition time. 

Prayers and Praises: 
  • Praise for this time to minister in Mexico. 
  • Pray for a good end. 
  • Praise for the Gospel and Salvation we find only in Christ. 
  • Pray for wisdom and open doors in the visa process. Going at end of April (30) to resubmit papers. 
Blessings,
Alicia 
awhitmore@fim.org 

Fellowship International Mission 
555 S 24th Street
Allentown, PA 18104 


No comments:

Post a Comment