Friday, October 9, 2015

August and Septemer happenings

Hello everyone!! Sorry this is really late. It has been busy here and I did not have internet where I was living. I am now in my very own apartment!!! Hooray!!! God is good. Thank you so much to everyone who has asked me how I am doing and settling in. I am doing great. I love it here. The people feel like friends now and I am starting to call this place home. Thank you for your prayers, they are being felt. God is in control even when I don't feel like they are. So here is an update with pictures from the last 2 months!! 

August- In August I worked on my apartment for a week. Painting and cleaning. 
The second week of August was Plan Vocational (VBS) in Paso Nuevo. A group of about 10 of us from the church in Puerto Ordaz spent the week in Paso Nuevo, a small village about 2 hours away. We did Plan Vocational in the morning, swam in the river in the afternoon, did home visits to share the gospel and had a church service every evening. Three people came to the Lord this week. It was a long, busy and very special week investing in the lives of the people of the village. I helped Ana with the 7-8 year old class. 


August 17th I started classes with Ana and Luz here in Puerto Ordaz. I have class with Ana in the morning from 8-11 and class with Luz in the afternoons from 3-6. We work on grammar, pronunciation, reading, memorizing bible verses, vocabulary and culture. 
One Sunday I shared the Romans road verses I have memorized during the church service. Here is a small clip of that evening :) 



Every Thursday evening I go with the group (Said, Laideth, Ana and Catherine) to La Ceiba, another small village 30 mins away, for a service with the kids. We sing songs, Laideth gives a lesson, play games and have snacks. This has been a great way to practice Spanish and get to know more kids. 



One weekend in September a group of us from Puerto Ordaz went to Paso Nuevo for a baptism. Two young people were baptized in the river there. It was a special day celebrating what God is doing in their hearts and lives. 


This past week I went to Cruacao for a few days, I have to leave Venezuela every three months for my visa. A contact that Dean (from FIM) has there, Joice, took very good care of me!! Praise the Lord for other believers and for getting me back to Venezuela safely. 


Thank you so much for all your prayers and support. 
A few prayer requests: 

  • Strength as I continue to learn Spanish and wisdom for my teachers as they teach. 
  • Ismael (an 8year old who has a hard home life) he is recovering from an infected and broken leg.  
  • Praise that God brought me safely back to Venezuela for another 3 months. 
Thanks!! 
Alicia 
awhitmore@fim.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment