Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Home vist and visa work

Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice!! Philippians 4:4 

Wow what a month! The past month was a bit of a whirlwind from Consulate offices, to church visits, travel between 4 states and much more. Through all the sharing and visiting I was both encouraged and blessed by God to keep serving here in Venezuela. 

Thank you so much for your prayers while I traveled. Everything went smoothly and on time. I prayed for months leading up to this trip that “God would go before me and prepare the way.” That is exactly what He did. I could not have asked for better travel or a smoother transition back to the states. 

The visa work in the Consulate office went smoothly as well. The things that I was missing were easily put together and turned in before noon! Praise the Lord. I receive the new visa faster than ever. God is good!! I now have another tourist visa that allows me to be here for another year, still having to leave the country every 3 months. God will provide!! 

Reconnecting with family and friends was wonderful and so encouraging. I shared with many of you in person what God has been doing the past year. Spoke during 3 church services, one open house, one kids group, one coffee time, one senior citizens' bible study, and many supper tables. Thank you so much for having me, listening, asking questions and praying for me. 

I even got to spend extra family time with my dad’s side of the family due to the passing of my grandma (July 2). The first Wednesday I was back we were able to have a great visit, she was feeling well that day and I shared pictures and stories of Venezuela with her. Shortly after that she started to decline rapidly. I continued to visit with friends and churches until her passing. Then came home to celebrate her life with the family. She was loved and will be missed greatly. Grandma's bible study at her assisted living prayed for me my first year so I visited them and they promised to keep praying for me this year too! It was bittersweet that God planned this to happen while I was there. His plan is perfect. Thank you for your prayers, flowers and support during this time as well. 

July 14th I returned to Venezuela. Another great day of travel, smooth and uneventful; 2 suitcases, one carry-on and a back pack all made it back with me. Everyone is every happy for my return. The kids were thrilled to see me Monday in La Ceiba. It has been a great transition back for me, it feels like coming home! 

Thank you so much for your prayers and continued support. 

Prayer requests and praises: 
  • Praise for the great trip and time to reconnect with so many.
  • Praise for the smooth transition and feeling of being home.
  • Pray for the upcoming Vacation Bible Schools:
    • La Ceiba August 4-6
    • Villa Icabaru August 11-13
    • Paso Nuevo August 17-20
  • The health of my teachers, Ana and Luz. Due to the limitation of medicine here they are struggling with daily tasks. Ana has rheumatoid arthritis and Luz has high blood pressure. 
  • Language learning, wisdom for what that will look like as I advance. 

Blessings, 
Alicia 

awhitmore@fim.org

No comments:

Post a Comment