Saturday, February 6, 2016

Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!

December and January were filled with several activities to celebrate the birth of the Savior, I was amazed by the blessings I found along the way. 

We started off December celebrating the house in La Ceiba that God blessed the church with for the foundation to bless the kids of this town.  

The music class presented songs at the Villa Icabaru church party. 

The kids of Paso Nuevo put together a Nativity play. 

The kids of La Ceiba presented songs and dances they learned about the armor of God. 

With a few friends I spent the evening listening to Christmas music at the church of the music professor. 

On December 24th (the traditional day to celebrate Christmas) I was invited to Christmas at my teachers’ house. It was delicious! 

Rang in the new year with my teachers’ family again and watched the night sky light up with fireworks!! 

The day before my birthday we celebrated with friends. We played games and ate hamburgers and cake!! 

On my birthday I traveled to see mom and dad in Curacao. We had a great week taking in the warm sun and enjoyed smoothies on the beach and one of us even rode an ostrich(if you would like to see this a video is on my Facebook page). It was a blessings to see them and receive things from home, including encouraging notes from supporters. 

It was a huge blessing and answer to prayer to be surrounded by new friends over the first holidays in my new home. God is good and faithful. 

The new year is off to a great start. I have been blessed with the ability to learn Spanish. Classes are going great. I got 9/10 on my last test. My teachers are very happy with how good my Spanish is. I have even started taking notes during church to see how much I am understanding, I am understanding basic message of the sermon. This is another huge answer to prayer. 

Prayers and Praises for the New Year: 
-Continued language learning advancement. 
-Ismael and his brothers (Manuel and Leo), the church has purchased a house for them to live in, pray that things fall into place for this foundation and the ministry it will provided for La Ceiba. 
-Building friendships. 
-Visa work, getting the papers together in order to get the process started. 

Thank you so much for continuing to pray for me and support what God is doing here in Venezuela 
Blessings to each and everyone of you in the New Year!! 
Alicia 

No comments:

Post a Comment